Pinterest is where street-style and shopping collide via photo boards, allowing users to share endless fashion inspiration! The social media platform has just released the Pinterest 100, an annual round-up which collates data summarising the year that was while also predicting the big trends which carry on into 2018!
Here are the trends you will be seeing all over your newsfeed in the next 12-months, according to Pinterest...
- Logomania is back: The latest street style trend mixes brand iconography with elevated pieces (saves for “logos” +203%)
- Larger than life earrings: From oversized hoops to structured heavy metal, earrings are bigger and better than ever (saves for “structured statement earrings” +947%)
- Go wide: In the skinny-or-not pants debate, people are siding with wide-legged bottoms and crops (saves for “wide leg” +213%)
- Beret all day: A major accessory on Autumn runways, this French fave is très chic for day or night (saves for “berets” +269%)
- Long live layers: Below-the-knee sweaters and jackets add extra cosy, while kimonos and dusters add extra chic (saves for “long layered clothing” +102%)
- Plastic makes perfect: Lucite and patent leather are the plastics we predict will be everywhere by spring (saves for “lucite” and “patent leather” +110%)
- Slits are it: The eye-catching detail is popular on tunics and midi dresses, and even gives pants unexpected edge (saves for “side slits” +147%)
- The original blue jean: A favourite style returns—100% cotton denim is reimagined and capsule wardrobe worthy (saves for “100% cotton denim” +115%)
- Socks that rock: Sheer socks with sneaks or sandals, add instant oomph to any ensemble (saves for “sheer socks” +72%)
- Pep up your step: Studs, pearls and bold buckles are the subtle but striking details on statement shoes (saves for “embellished shoes” +222%)
This article originally appeared on In Style.