Apps like Messenger have made messaging and simple group chats possible. Whether in a group with your BAEs or your besties, there are 10 unspoken commandments of group chats that all members must stick by.
1. Though Shalt Come Up with a Creative Name for Your Group Chat: [insert appropriate emoji], #SchooliesMistakes #EliteEight, #BestieGoals are just a few examples.
2. Thou Shalt Use Emojis and GIFs: No matter what you want to say - and when there are literally no words - a string of emojis or animated GIF are always a good idea.
3. Thou Shalt Not Ghost: Before disappearing with no fair warning, be sure to let everyone know that you are leaving the group BEFORE you do so there’s no hard feelings.
4. Though Shalt Not Screen Shot Without Permission: Ask before you screen shot. No explanation required.
5. Though Shalt Not Message at Odd Hours: No one wants to wake up to 50 unread messages. For the sake of your friends, be mindful that some people actually need sleep to function (especially after a long night out).
6. Though Shalt Keep it Brief: People need to get to the point, not write an essay.
7. Though Shalt Not Lurk: Because what’s the point of being in the group if you’re not going to participate? Just embrace read receipts.
8. Though Shalt Not Complain or #HumbleBrag: Don’t be the person who uses your group chat as a therapy session or to boast about how you're killing it in life.
9. Though Shalt Mute Notifications From Busy Conversations: Don't feel obligated to keep notifications on when you're busy AF.
10. Though Shall Not Give Spoiler Alerts for TV Shows: Don't ruin it for the rest of the group. Start a separate conversation if you feel the need to hash out the latest with This Is Us, Game of Thrones or 13 Reasons Why.