Whether you think it's real or total bogus, here's the lowdown on the planetary event known as Mercury in Retrograde.
WTH IS IT?
When mercury stars to orbit the sun in reverse, it’s what we call ‘retrograde’. As mercury is believed to be the planet that rules communication, friendships and travel, these things can be impacted by the vibrations from Mercury’s irregular movements meaning that all things in your life that involve these areas may start to go wonky.
For example, what you say to a friend might accidentally offend them, resulting in some drama. Or you might receive a text that wasn't meant for your eyes. It's defs a time for all kinds of mishaps and misunderstandings!
As sucky as this sounds, it’s actually a V. necessary part of the astrological calendar as it shakes things up and in turn allows us to grow, evolve and enter a new phase in our lives.
WHEN DOES IT OCCUR?
We don't wanna panic you, but RN! Mercury goes Retrograde a few times a year and the final cycle for 2017 started on December 3rd and will continue until December 22nd.
And just so you're prepared, here are the Retrograde dates for 2018:
March 22 - April 15
July 26 - August 19
November 16 - December 6
HOW DO I DEAL?
- Plan ahead when it comes to major projects like school work or job interviews. Winging it is not a good idea at the mo!
- Allow extra time for travel as it’s believed to go awry at this time.
- Triple check literally EVERYTHING you do from assignments to résumés to Insta captions to risky texts. Typos are to be expected, tbh.
- Some say that technology can go awol so we recommend backing up your phone ASAP just in case!
- Be careful what you say to peeps around you! As stated earlier, miscommunications are at an all time high and you might accidentally offend someone.