WHILE YOU’RE CATCHING SOME RAYS
Support Aussie brands!! You’ll feel like a superstar in your own backyard.
While you’re at it, make sure you protect yourself with a chic hat. We're loving these from long-brimmed hats from Sensi Studios.
WHILE YOU’RE WORKING OUT FROM HOME
If pink isn’t your thing, then we guarantee this next brand will be your new go-to athletic and athleisure wear.
Sebnem Gunay has the most hip, and fun workout gear we have literally ever seen. We got ourselves some of their hottest items and have basically been living in them this quarantine.
However, maybe B.O.D by Finch ‘Glow’ Collection is your more speed?
These pieces are absolutely gorgeous!
KEEPING YOUR SKIN FRESH AND BEAUTIFUL
If you’ve noticed your skin hasn’t been feeling its best, there is a reason for it. You might have thought that not wearing as much makeup during this time has been doing your skin some good - but it needs an extra push.
One Aussie brand that we couldn’t recommend more is Sand & Sky by Sarah Hamilton.
*All these products are completely natural and clean*
We had a fun over-the-phone chat with Sarah, who delved into how amazingly beneficial her products are. But just wait until you see how pretty they are too! You won’t even want to throw out the packaging.
HER FAVE PRODUCT?
“I’m really in love with the dreamy glow drops. I always exercise in the morning so put it on in the morning before I go out, and my skin just feels so supple. It’s the easiest product to use. It gives you a natural glow!”
THE BEST ROUTINE?
“If you’re hardcore I do the pink clay mask and then exfoliate. I do that in the shower in the morning to wash my face, and I use the dreamy glow drops every day under my moisturiser if I want an extra glow with my makeup as well.”"
GUYS CAN USE THEM TOO!
“So many girls put their face masks on their boyfriends or brothers. Its not just for girls.
“Men have large pores and because the mask fills out those impurities, they probably see a bigger and fast impact to what women do, who are cleaning their skin more. I think guys will love it.”
THE MOST IMPORTANT PART:
“While we are in isolation it is so important to think about yourself. We are all in isolation because we are trying to protect others, but you have to look after your mental health, you have to find different things to do to not only keep you occupied but to improve your skin. It’s about taking that time out.
“At this point looking after your skin is important. We might come out fat, but we’re going to have good skin.”
THAT VIDEO-CALL DATE WITH YOUR S.O
Being in quarantine does NOT mean your dating life is over. No way! Technology hasn’t come this for to do you dirty like that.
Hop on Skype/FaceTime/Houseparty/Zoom or whichever platform of your choice, and look fresh to death in some of the cutest jewellery from Alex Mika.
But it doesn't stop with just jewellery! You want to be dressed cute during these dates too.
Tammy, Emilee, Amy and Starlette Hembrow have worked alongside boohoo to develop a capsule collection.
The 100-piece collection features modern athleisure, mesh, figure-hugging party-ready pieces, pregnancy and curve styles.
If you’re wanting to delve a little deeper into that dating life, OkCupid and Hinge are really upping their game right now.
Melissa Hobley, Global Chief Marketing Officer and dating expert at OkCupid told us that:
"While it’s going to take some getting used to, a lot of daters are adapting quickly to this period of remote connection and social distancing brought about by COVID-19. About 20,000 daters on OkCupid have already been on a virtual date, and over 90% of global respondents on our app said they’re continuing to date during this time, they’re just connecting with other singles digitally and virtually. There’s even been a 180% increase in mentions of FaceTime, Skype and Zoom on the platform between February and March. Putting this into practice, 57% of Aussie daters are messaging and texting, 21% are video chatting, and 17% are calling people."
Here are OkCupid’s top tips for virtual dating…
· Follow your pre-date rituals: Treat your virtual date as if you would an in-person one and get rid of any jitters beforehand. Take your time getting ready, call a friend (or your mum) to have a quick chat, or even meditate – whatever will help you settle those excited nerves.
· Feel your best: Wear something you feel good in. The best part about a virtual date is you don’t have to wear heels!
· The camera is your friend, not the mirror: Your hair and makeup show up differently on camera than they do in a mirror because of lighting, screen quality, and internet connection so use the on-screen camera on whatever device you’re using to freshen up before your big date.
· Have some questions ready for your date: For your first virtual date, you may already have been talking to this person for a while on OkCupid or over the phone. Because of this, you may already have an idea of their interests, hobbies, family, career and funny little quirks – this is your chance to get to know them better. To ask about the trips that are still on their bucket list…to ask hey, what’s the first restaurant you’ll go to when we’re able??
· Have fun: Extra points for setting your virtual backgrounds to your favourite places around the world as a fun conversation starter...did they mention they love The Office? You can find an Office-themed background for your date.
As for Hinge, Justin McLeod, CEO and Founder told us that:
"At this time, technology is helping us bridge the gap between the isolation we’re experiencing and the connection we’re craving. Video and phone calls are currently a safe way to date someone you’re interested in, and I believe digital dates, as a precursor to meeting in person, will be a trend that stays with us beyond the current climate."
- While exchanging messages with a match, a ‘Date from Home’ menu will appear at the bottom of your conversation asking if you're ready to go on a digital date.
- If you want to move things off the app, simply select that you're ready to ‘Date from Home’. Don't worry, your response will remain private until the other person is ready too.
- Once each user has shared that they're down for a virtual date, we'll notify both of you directly in your conversation.
Besides, you can keep your PJ bottoms on and start a new trend.
WHEN YOUR BEING LAZY
Speaking of PJs… we know it’s easy to slip into your comfiest trackie dacks during this time, but if you want to feel the slightest bit productive while still being comfortable, try Midnight Mischief’s silky PJ range.
The best part - you can personalise them!
If you're wanting to be lazy with your bae, we suggest you trying out White Fox Boutiques X Series by WHT FX which features unisex items!
It’s time to treat yourself hunnies! No is the perfect time.