Terms and Conditions
Girlfriend x MECCA MAX – Follow to WIN Competition
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- This promotion is in no way spornsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to ALL residents of Australian except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
- All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded per person.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation. A guardian must sign the release form for the winner to be permitted entry.
- Where the prize involves driving, travel or an event, winners and any companions under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian at all times. The major winner’s companion must be the prize winner’s legal parent or guardian.
How to enter
- Enter as many times as you wish, by following the outlined steps:
- Follow on Instagram; @girlfriendmag and @meccamax to enter to WIN 1 of 5 prizes
- Like the post posted by Girlfriend on Instagram in relation to the Giveaway
- Tag a BFF in the comments
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like by tagging different people in the comments. Each comment that tags a friend, which the entrant has not previously tagged, qualifies as a new entry so long as they follow the steps in clause 7.
When to enter
- The competition commences 24/06/19 at 10:00 AEST and closes 01/07/19 at 17:00 AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The winner/s will be the five (5) entries that are judged to be best and have met all entry criteria on 01/07/19 from 14:00 AEST.
- The winner/s will be notified by a comment using their username on the Instagram post and their names will be published after being drawn on the Girlfriend website on 01/07/19.
- Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
- The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 01/10/19 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by mail and their names will be published on girlfriend.com.au by 10/10/19.
Prize on offer
- Total prize valued (up to) $625.00 (including GST), as at 17/06/19. Five (5) winners will each receive;
1 x MECCA MAX Liquid Light Illuminator Complete Collection Pack containing;
Dewy, glowing skin is IN. Light up your look for high-beam gleam with this prize pack of five MECCA MAX Liquid Light illuminators, including the brand new MECCALAND Rose Quartz Shade! Infused with high-impact metallic pigments, these customisable liquid lights act as your own personal spotlight no matter where you are!
- 1x Liquid Light in shade Opal, valued at $25.00
- 1x Liquid Light in shade Gold, valued at $25.00
- 1x Liquid Light in shade Quartz, valued at $25.00
- 1x Liquid Light in shade Rose Quartz, valued at $25.00
- 1x Liquid Light in shade Topaz, valued at $25.00
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter makes no guarantee that the celebrities, actors and/or production staff associated with the prize will be present during the visit. Even if those people are present, the winner will not necessarily meet with any of them. Travel must be taken to coincide with the timing of the prize, on a date to be determined by the program producers/Promoter. During the visit the winner must abide by, and ensure his or her companions abide by all reasonable requests of the Promoter and program producer. Failure to comply may result in immediate and unconditional removal of the winner from the premises. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the program producers and the celebrity.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- Any entrant found to have (a) be used any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the prize (or an element of the prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Authorised by NSW permit no. LTPS/18/03749.