Just recently, 18-year-old Rachel McLaughlin was rushed to hospital when she used her friend's Lip Kit that was bought off a fake Kylie Jenner Cosmetic's website.
Scarily, the fake Lip Kit highly resembles the real one, but this one ended up disfiguring Rachel's lips hours after applying it, according to her sister Bronagh McLaughlin. She proceeded to post the photos on Facebook to warn other people.
"They are full of toxins, poisoning agents and superglue as you can see below," she wrote, adding that it "could of ended up with a fatality if not treated as soon as it was."
She experienced insane swelling, blistering in yellow and red as well as having an allergic reaction.
Rachel spoke to Cosmopolitan about the incident, saying she put on the Lip Kit on a Friday night, and kept reapplying up until midnight, when she began noticing the swelling. She went home and rinsed it off and washed her face shortly after.
The next morning, she woke up and felt her throat closing up. "I lost all feeling round the bottom of my face and my lips continued to grow bigger from when I first saw them," she said. That's when she went to the hospital.
It took FIVE days for the swelling to go down, but she was still experiencing blisters on the inside of her mouth.
"This didn’t just affect the lips but also the whole face and closed over the back of the throat," she said.