WHAT DO I WEAR?
We heart our workies!
Do you…love to write, design or style clothes? Have an interest in the publishing industry? Aspire to work in mags? Want to visit GF HQ and meet the impressive team behind Australia’s favourite teen mag?
Apply for work experience at GIRLFRIEND magazine. We’d love to meet you. Some words of advice: Be organized and get in early! Placements fill up quicker than you can say, “First in, best dates”.
Just visit pacificmags.com.au/jobs to download and complete the work experience placement form. Send it in to email@example.com with the subject line, “Girlfriend Work Experience”. You will then be contacted regarding your placement.
WHERE ARE YOU?
GF HQ is located in Eveleigh, NSW, about a 15 minute walk from Redfern train station.
Source: Google Maps
Smart Casual is the go. Also, comfortable, closed-toe shoes: flats, ankle boots, wedges or converse shoes are perfect. HOW LONG WILL MY PLACEMENT BE FOR?
Work experience placements go for a week, Mon to Fri 9:30am - 4:30am. HOW CAN I APPLY FOR INTERNSHIPS?
There are currently no vacant internship positions, but during your week of work experience, feel free to enquire about internships and future employment opportunities. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
There’ll be no coffee runs, laundry pick-ups, or delivering “The Book” to our Ed, Sarah T’s house. We strive to give you as much insight as we can so you can make informed decision about your future career pathway.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
• Being personally introduced to everyone at Team GF
• Assisting the art and fashion departments if required
• Compiling and writing stories & quizzes
• Getting all your career questions answered by the editors
• General office duties: picking up the mail and fashion returns (we will appreciate you more than sunny weather), some photocopying and filing.
• Hilarious GF office banter
• An awesome music playlist to work to. Think the Biebs new album, One Direction and some old-school Disney soundtracks. The Circle of Life, anyone?
WHAT SHE SAID
GOT MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT GIRLFRIEND STUFF? HEAD HERE
Check out what previous workies had to say about their week at GF HQ.
“Some might see collecting mail as a menial task, but I found it extremely enjoyable. When else do we get to hold a handful of Clinique, Collette and Revlon and other bags full of goodies at one time?!” – Melissa
“I never thought work experience would actually be this good. At the start I thought I was just coming in to make coffees but I was totally wrong and I’m so grateful. The office seems like an enjoyable environment and everyone is so friendly and easy to talk to” – Emma
“Team GF is exactly what I expected from such a fabulous magazine and so much more! You are so professional, but you still know how to have fun. Working in this kind of environment has been such a pleasure, going back to school will be such a disappointment!” – Eva
“The research tasks that are provided are really great and allow us to trial each aspect of the magazine and really get a sense of how much hard work and hours go into creating such a great magazine” - Bridgette GET MORE GIRLFRIEND - CONNECT WITH US EVERYWHERE!
- Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/GirlfriendMagazine
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/girlfriendmag
- Get our free Newsletter: au.youth.yahoo.com/girlfriend/newsletter/
- Watch us on Youtube: youtube.com/user/GirlfriendMagazine
- Follow us on Tumblr: girlfriendmagazine.tumblr.com
- Follow us on Instagram: statigr.am/girlfriendmag
- Download a digital edition of Girlfriend: zinio.com/girlfriendaustralia